To celebrate the three year anniversary, Gorilla Mindset (Kindle edition) is discounted for 99 cents.
The sale will end tomorrow.
The Story of Gorilla Mindset.
Three years ago I press “publish” from a beach in Koh Samui, Thailand. I had just moved from Saigon, Vietnam, where I recorded the audiobook for Gorilla Mindset.
I was hoping to sell 10,000 copies of Gorilla Mindset in its first year.
For those who don’t know the book business, well, 10,000 copies was a wish or dream.
The average book sells 500 copies in total.
Books are the worst business to be in. Do not become a writer. Do not sell books. Unless you can’t not write.
You all blew me away, and Gorilla Mindset has exceeded even my unrealistic expectations.
Three years later and Gorilla Mindset is closing in on 100,000 copies sold.
And it keeps selling.
Thanks to all of you.
After the book came out, you demanded seminars.
Gorilla Mindset Seminars have been held all over the world since the release of Gorilla Mindset.
My first seminar was on October 19, 2015 in London.
We’ve held Gorilla Mindset seminars in:
- New York,
- San Francisco,
- Los Angeles.
Seminar attendees have this to say:
- “Wish there was more time. It did not feel like 4+ hours. I wanted to hear more.”
- “I like the central theme of identity and narrative.”
- “It cleared up some of what I need to work on for what I will name ‘phase 2’ for me.”
- The team was so genuinely supportive as I entered that I realized I could just relax. How rare, I realized!! Then the other participants were all positive, open people
- It was divided into different sections with different speakers. It gave a natural flow and allowed a break so one person was not on stage for the entire time
- The crowd participation was great. The community of people I was able to meet and stay in contact with. And of course the material that was covered was solid and didactic.
- Quality and applicability information presented
- Enjoyed it’s thematic simplicity…..Rewrite your story, and define yourself as the person in the story….Not letting a negative experience or other people define yourself…
- I liked that it was interactive and more conducive to meeting people.
Sign Up for Free to Stay Updated on Seminars, Book Releases, and Exciting Events.
Gorilla Mindset has been highlighted over 200,000 times.
Gorilla Mindset has been highlighted over 200,000 times, which is a lot of highlighting for a book you can read in two and a half hours, and Kindle offers a feature letting you see the 10 most popular highlights. Why were these passages heavily highlighted?
“To get more out of life, you must get more out of yourself. You must take personal responsibility for your thoughts and emotions. You must stop blaming the system. Your days of looking outside of yourself for answers are gone.
Most people, myself included before learning about mindset, tend to passively accept moods. We just sort of went through life feeling a certain way. Some of us felt bad, others felt good, and that was the way life went. Accepting personal responsibility for your thoughts and emotions is a huge shift.
“Gorilla Mindset shift: I am going to take an active approach to managing my state of mind.”
Of course, accepting personal responsibility for your thoughts and emotions isn’t much help unless you know what to do next.
“Now, imagine you believe the world is abundant. The world is one of endless resources and unlimited potential. What you do matters. Your choices matter. You matter. Each day is a new day full of infinite possibilities.
Shifting from a mindset that resources are scarce and you had better “get yours” to one of long-term planning and goal setting is one that eases your stress and helps keep you focused on your vision.
“Gorilla Mindset shift: Treat yourself like a treasured and trusted friend.”
We don’t treat ourselves well, especially when making mistakes. Sometimes life does suck and may seem like it’s over, but is that what you’d tell a friend? Taking the long view (abundance mindset) and advising yourself as you’d advise a friend are fundamentals to a proper mindset.
“Am I choosing, in this moment, to be the type of person I want to become?”
Checking in regularly ensures that you’re aligning your habits with your visions. What are you doing right now? And will that bring you closer to the vision you have for yourself?
“Imagine your consciousness is the judge or jury, or parent or friend that you must persuade. You want your conscious mind to believe in you. Framing is how your mind perceives whatever situation you are in. Framing is how you choose to think about, and thus perceive, a challenge.”
Framing is how you choose (remember, your thoughts and emotions are your personal responsibility) to view problems. Take a crisis as an example.
We’ve all had a life crisis, where everything seemed to go wrong. Crises, as bad as they seem at the time, are also a focusing agent. What are you afraid of losing most? That shows you your priorities. (Chances are, when you’re going through a crisis, you’re afraid of losing your family and friends, and you realize most of the stuff you cared about didn’t matter, and actually served as a distraction from what you value most.)
Once the crisis has passed, ask yourself if you’re losing focus.
Now that doesn’t mean a crisis is “good.” Let’s be honest. Terrible stuff happens in life. Yet choosing to view an event as terrible is a choice you make. There is no objective truth to how you emotionally interpret a process a situation.
“Gorilla Mindset shift: Reframe the issues. Choose to focus on how the difficulty you’re facing will make you stronger, more intelligent, more emotionally complex, or more resourceful.”
Spiritual growth requires emotional pain. I wish there were another way. It breaks my heart to tell you that you won’t be an emotionally complex, fully-integrated person without trauma.
Nearly every high-achievement person you look up to has been through some screwed up circumstances:
In 1962, the psychologist Victor Goertzel and his wife, Mildred, published a book called “Cradles of Eminence: A Provocative Study of the Childhoods of Over 400 Famous Twentieth-Century Men and Women.” They selected individuals who had had at least two biographies written about them and who had made a positive contribution to society. Their subjects ranged from Louis Armstrong, Frida Kahlo and Marie Curie to Eleanor Roosevelt, Henry Ford and John D. Rockefeller.
The Goertzels found that less than 15% of their famous men and women had been raised in supportive, untroubled homes, with another 10% in a mixed setting. Of the 400, a full 75%—some 300 individuals—had grown up in a family burdened by a severe problem: poverty, abuse, absent parents, alcoholism, serious illness or some other misfortune. “The ‘normal man,’ ” the Goertzels wrote, “is not a likely candidate for the Hall of Fame.”
Successful people lie about the hardships because showing vulnerability is seen as weak. But there’s a good chance the people you’ve read about were abused, had abusive parents, and had an emotional breakdown of some sort.
Thus, if you’re in a bad situation, you can reframe that as an opportunity for personal and spiritual development.
“Gorilla Mindset shift: Check into your body by using self-talk to understand what your body is doing and feeling in the present moment.”
“Gorilla Mindset shift: Walk with a purpose by talking to yourself as you walk, about how you are walking.”
Who reads mindset books? Introverts. Who lives inside our heads and often stumbles around and doesn’t focus on the physical world? Introverts face specific challenges, and Gorilla Mindset shows you how to overcome them.
“There’s no place I’d rather be. There’s no one else I’d rather see.”
Sometimes we do have specific places to be, and when we do, we need to be checked in. I remind myself, “There’s no place else I’d rather be.” Even if it’s not exactly true in the moment, if you must be there, why not tell yourself that?
What Others are Saying about Gorilla Mindset
Gorilla Mindset has over 1,000 reviews on Amazon alone, and over 1,200 on Audible. Here are a few of the thousands of reviews:
- “It’s a short read (took me about 2 days of serious reading), but every bit of information in this book is important and worthy of our consideration. Mike does a great job of cutting things down to what is absolutely essential.”
- “Interesting read and very practical advice. The author seems to create a lot of controversy but I see nothing negative about what he is suggesting in this book and find the advice to be very useful. People want to discount his advice because of his political opinions? Their loss.”
- “Highly recommended for both sexes! Got this for myself, but my husband loved it too. I can’t wait to read it again.”
- “This book has the potential to change your life, if you choose to apply the strategies and concepts. This book helped me with stressful situations at work, and allowed me to realized my full potential to make sales, make money, feel in control of my personal life, and maintain a healthy body.”
- “This book tells you how to change your life not just motivational techniques. Some books are nice in the way that they make you feel good and mushy when you’re done reading but the biggest difference I noticed with this book is that a tells you exactly what you need to do to change your life in a step-by-step format with worksheets.”
What people are saying about Gorilla Mindset Audio
The audio book format of Gorilla Mindset has over 1,200 ratings, with a 4.4 star review.
- “For those who are serious about getting more out of life Gorilla Mindset is a series of mindset and lifestyle shifts that you can adopt in your life to get more of what you want. The audiobook helps you take your Gorilla Mindset training to the next level if you are working the paperback/kindle as well.”
- “Valuable Life Changing Information This book provides the high points of $10,000+ I have spent on information and seminars and 100s of hours in time learning this info along with podcasts from health gurus. You are doing yourself a massive disservice if you let Cernovich’s political positions sway your decision not to purchase this book. This book should be mandatory reading for any male just out of college.”
- “Dude, this was amazing. Even though I know lots about fitness etc. you kind of reminded me of few things and still managed to motivate towards better. Regarding mindset, its a whole new world to me. Mike, great book.”
- One of the best if not the greatest book on mindset This book is everything you need to get your mind and body right. With the addition of this audiobook you can hear Mike the same way he delivers on his podcasts.
How to Get a Free PDF of Gorilla Mindset.
Everyone who buys Gorilla Mindset in any format receives a free PDF version of the book.
Step 1. Buy Gorilla Mindset in print or on Kindle.
Step 2. Find the password, which you’ll use at checkout.
Step 3. Click this button
Step 4. Click on the Add Promo Code button. Enter the password.
Step 5. Receive your free PDF via email.
Buy Gorilla Mindset today.
What if you already own Gorilla Mindset?
If you already own Gorilla Mindset, you have my thanks!
And if you like Gorilla Mindset, you’ll love the line of products launched by a gorilla company called Gorilla Mind.