How’s that for a headline?
The benefit of the headline is that it’s true. I really am in court fighting for freedom of the press, in a massive case. Don’t take my word for it.
- Fresh court battle could expose more details in Acosta’s controversial Epstein plea deal
- Among the advocates urging greater disclosure: famed Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz, far-right blogger Mike Cernovich and a coalition of media organizations and outlets.
- Cernovich’s request to unseal records in the Epstein case came in January 2017.
- Cernovich said when he began digging into Giuffre’s suit he was astonished by the scope of the secrecy the judge had permitted, with large swaths of court filings blacked out.
- A court hearing on whether to unseal sensitive documents involving the alleged sex trafficking of underage girls by Palm Beach multimillionaire Jeffrey Epstein — and the possible involvement of his influential friends — will play out in a New York City courtroom next week.
- Blogger Michael Cernovich also filed a motion to release a portion of the sealed documents.
Blogger Michael Cernovich, because that’s all I do.
How is it that “just a blogger” ended up in the biggest freedom of the press case of the year?
Oh that’s right. Because I’m also a lawyer, published legal scholar, and constitutional law expert. I recognized the injustice of this case right away.
The truth is that it’s hard to keep track of me, which is why I don’t get upset with the media.
Even I don’t know how to describe myself.
Journalist, author, filmmaker….All are true.
- I forced a Congressman to resign due to my reporting.
- And broke a bunch of real stories large and small.
- Hoaxed movie, my second feature length film, was just released.
A Night for Freedom, a highly successful new franchise, is also a hybrid of intellectual discussion and partying.
Whatever we do, let’s do it first class.
We can now say, with today’s oral argument, that we are doing journalism at the highest level.
By the way, our lawsuit was crowd funded. I didn’t bill for my time and only used contributions for outlet legal fees and costs.
Thanks for a great 2018, a better 2019, and I’ll keep you updated about this case!